Crow and Diana

Crow and Diana
Timbered Lake

SINGERS/POETS

My photo
Turtle Island
singers/songwriter/poet/ writers

Click Photo

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"AS THE CROW FLIES": No War Flag for Me


     What gives mankind the right to kill another people in war? Afghanistan, the Taliban, Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Iraq, Iran? The government of the United States is not concerned about the answer to that question. The U.S. has too much self serving greed invested to be able to. Over seven hundred bases spread across the world outside of its borders for what? CONTROL. The U.S. is the problem. The U.S. is the terror for many innocent people around the globe who are just minding their own business. The U.S. and its corporations and influence behave like the Mafia with it’s “We won’t hurt you if you cooperate” mentality. Sometimes they don’t even ask first. They just take because the bully can’t be stopped.
     I pray for peace. The way of the corporate U.S. and the industrial military complex is not my way. I live on Turtle Island because I was born here as were my ancestors before me. I do not live here because of the U. S.. So I did not choose to be represented by a flag of war. I will not live under a flag that represents fear and imperialism. I will live under a peace flag or an Earth flag or an all nations or indigenous flag. But I will choose my flag. No war flag of fear is going to claim me. AHO

No comments:

Post a Comment