Crow and Diana

Crow and Diana
Timbered Lake

SINGERS/POETS

My photo
Turtle Island
singers/songwriter/poet/ writers

Click Photo

Sunday, November 15, 2009

"AS THE CROW FLIES": Poem



             MAGIC

There was a rainbow circled
around the sun this morning. 
Calling me out to see it 
you shared with me the sky 
and your always inquisitive, luminous spirit 
filled me again.


You walk in the dawn.
Songbirds greet your day. 
The hummingbirds are fed. 
Catbirds dance and sing with you. 
Still, sometimes you’ll wonder 
if anyone really loves you. 

“What mysteries are held 
by the Winter moons? 
What love is held 
in the night? 
Two of us singing in harmony, 
balanced like beadwork, 
balanced like two wings 
of a bird.”

How can I, 
such a wanderer, 
be reconciled to the gift 
of you welcoming me 
into your little nest, 
into your sparkling circle of discovery 
whose magic still welcomes you 
from every sacred direction.

  Crow Suncloud  11-13-09

              

No comments:

Post a Comment